Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Just Keep Swimming

Well, things just keep moving. I've been a little stressed this week looking at everything on my plate. I have 3 weeks left in class and a whole lot to prepare for- two chapter tests, a final exam and an exit exam. They all fall right behind each other or on top of each other. In addition, I have social events planned this week that I have to put aside my school stress and be apart of. One is my mom coming up for a visit and two a memorial day bash with Kenny's family. But despite any feelings of stress, things just keep moving along. I try to remember that when I get stressed, little mantras that help me stay focused.



"This too shall pass"


"Que sera sera, whatever will be, will be"


"Just keep swimming"






And somehow they all ring true and help my racing heartbeat and fast breathing return to normal. Even though at this particular moment, with Lonnie's Modern Warfare game and Brandon's squealing in play ringing in my ears and the adrenaline pumping from my recent homework, I'm not feeling what you would call calm. But I'll get there, soon...



I'm thinking hot bath and a good book, maybe even an alcoholic beverage and I'll soon be back in a blissful state. That is of course, if Brandon will allow it. He's been fighting going to sleep and has been coming down stairs several times during the night. I'm not sure what's going on with him. I'll keep you posted. Ugh, there's the stress again...let me return to that hot bath, blissful place again...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments! Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!