Saturday, May 8, 2010

Let's Get It Started, YEA!

Well, here it goes. First attempt at blogging. Not really sure why I felt the need to do this. Just a random thought I decided to act on. I think it's for me to vent and get things out of my head, more so than sharing my life with the world. My life is really not all that interesting, at least I can't imagine that it is to someone that's not living it. My life certainly has it's ups and downs, but it's a good life. These days I'm pretty busy and though I'm always tired, I'm glad to have lots to do.
Currently, I have several things going on. First, I'm a wife, mother, and stepmother. That keeps me busy enough. My three year old keeps me moving and my 15 year old pushes all the wrong buttons, as teenages will. The husband and I are in a good place- after three years of marriage, still trying to figure out the best way to live together. So far so good.
Next- I work at a inpatient psychiatric hospital. I've been there almost 8 years. While I love my patients and still have the passion to help them, I'm not a huge fan of my job right now. There's been too much change in a short period of time and not all for the best. Dealing with some of my co-workers is one of my major stressors. I'm sure my venting will occur sometime during the life of this blog. I would really like to move on to something else, for sanity if nothing else, but there are good reasons to stay. One is the schedule. I'm off most of the week and get lots of time with my son. It will be hard to find that in another position. Second reason to stay is the company is paying for my schooling, which is next on the list.
School. I'm taking classes to meet pre-requisites for admission into the Diagnostic Medical Sonography program. I just started this quarter (Spring '10) and have a long road ahead. Due to the requirements and time frames of the school- I'm able to take one class a quarter. I'm currently in a math class. It's going well. If I'm admitted into the program next fall and finish on time, the whole process will have taken 3 years.
So those are the three major things going on in my life right now. Not to mention a recent lifestyle change in the realm of dieting and exercise. I try to work out at least three times a week and have changed my diet to low carb. I'm doing fairly well and have lost 7 pounds to date. This is something else I will keep you posted on as I journey through this life.
Lastly, I will sometimes share my photography here. This is another passion of mine that I am trying to foster in my spare time, limited as it may be. I have come a long way since I began back in middle school. I've taught myself several techniques and know without doubt that my skills are much improved. As I stumble through the photography world and learn more, I will share my adventures.
To get on with this, I'll just share a small excitement that I had this evening. I do not like to let my son go to sleep with the tv on. So, when he insists, I will let him watch tv for 30 minutes to an hour before bed every now and then. After that time, I turn it off, read him a story and tuck him into bed. Tonight was a night he wanted to watch tv. So I got him ready for bed and turned on Elmo. I figured it would give me a chance to finish my homework before I tucked him in for the night. While finishing my homework, I heard him get up. I figured he was putting another dvd on to watch. I was wrong. He turned off his tv and dvd player and went to sleep! When I went to check, I couldn't help but smile. He did exactly what Mom wanted. I couldn't ask for a better Mother's Day gift than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments! Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!