Friday, February 25, 2011

Beach Bum

Time for more Florida pictures! I was going to hold off on the beach pictures, they are my favorite. Build up the suspense, so to speak. But I could not hold off any longer! Most of these turned out great. Below are a few of my favorites. We only got to spend one day at the beach, but we made the most of it.


I can't quite figure out what it is about this picture. It's not one of the best ones, but it just seems to capture the realness (is that a word?) of the moment. It shows the scenery, the footprints, the toys, the movement, and Brandon just lost in his playtime.

I tried and tried to capture this moment. It was not easy! Granted, 3 year olds are only so cooperative for so long. But I finally caught it! I love the focus on Brandon with the ocean in the background, slightly blurry. I love the angle of his head looking out on the water, contemplating who knows what? The magnitude of the world around him? I doubt it, but it's a nice thought :) I do not like the splatter of dark sand in the middle of his back. But it's real-a boy at the beach.

This is one of my absolute favorites! I was trying so long to get the aforementioned pic of him looking out on the water, I almost forgot to get his precious face! This one turned out wonderful. He's clear, the water is blurry in background. I wish I had made note of the camera settings to share. I will work on that in the future.

I love this one simply for his body language. Knowing him and his mannerisms, I can tell he's having the best time watching those waves! I can only picture the huge grin on the other side of his head!

Love that I caught this one camera! I had no idea what the expression was saying, but it was great all the same. When Brandon saw this photo just now, he said, "Oooo, cold!" So that's that. He was suprised by the cold!

This shot I struggled with. I was really trying to go with a different angle (as mentioned in previous blogs as a challenge). But I just couldn't seem to get it right. This was the best of the bunch. What are your thoughts?



  I couldn't decide which I liked best of these two. They both have some good qualities. 

Lastly, we made sure to leave a mark! I love this photo! It captures everything that was great about that day!!


I hope you enjoyed a few more photos from our trip to Florida. It would've been even better if I could've taken more family members down there!

Lastly, a question for my subscribers-Do you think the photos are large enough? Would it be helpful to have a larger photo posted, even if it slows down loading? Please share your thoughts with me.

Please remember to give me feedback! I want your thoughts, criticism, and advice to help me become a better photographer! Help me on my journey of chasing dreams!

Nicole

2/25/11-The creative act lasts but a brief moment, a lightning instant of give-and-take, just long enough for you to level the camera and to trap the fleeting prey in your little box. ~Henri Cartier Bresson
New Friend Fridays

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments! Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!