Tuesday, May 31, 2011

An update

Just wanted to let you know I didn't fall of the face of the earth! Two things went wrong this past week. One, I couldn't sign onto blogger from the computer where all my pictures are stored. No clue why, it made no sense. Did anyone else have trouble with blogger this past week? Two, my camera broke. The camera broke Sunday and we will need professional assistance to fix it. Depending on cost, this could take awhile.

But there's good news too! First off, I had a fabulous few days. I will share that below. Also, my hubby was planning on buying me a new camera for my birthday, which is Thursday. So, we may not have to worry about the broken one, but either way I'm camera-less for a bit. Lastly, over these past few fabulous days, I have gotten lots of pictures from family get togethers and birthday parties! So, I'll be able to blog and share those with you while we figure out the camera business.

Ok, so my fabulous few days. As I may have mentioned before, I work weekends. This means I miss out on a lot of things, such as those family get togethers and holidays, and birthday parties. Because normal people don't work weekends (lol), and they do these things when other normal people don't have to work. This is a downer sometimes. I try to focus on the fact that I get four wonderful days with Digger during the week that most normal people don't get with their little ones, and that lifts my spirits. This past weekend however, I took off all three of my work days and had plans every single day of it! And I loved it! I tried to soak it up and enjoy it to the fullest because it does not happen much! I will share more of these stories (with pictures)as the week goes on.

The fun started on Friday night. My stepson, D, turned 18! He chose to have his birthday dinner at Hooters. We had a good turnout and lots of fun! Saturday found Digger and I at another birthday party for his friend Mollie. She had a luau beach party! Lots of kids and lots of fun! Then Sunday, we were at Pat and Joe's, as we call it. This is Dada's aunt and uncle's house. They have lots of land for the kids to run around on and a pool, pool table, foosball table, music. When we have get togethers down there, everyone comes! Aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, nephews...you get the point. It's always a great time. Lastly, Monday, we made a stop at Dada's brother's house and let Digger and GeeGee (Digger's cousin) swim and splash in the pool on the porch.

So lots of fun and I thoroughly enjoyed being off work and being able to enjoy time with family and friends. I will post pictures and stories this week! Be on the lookout!

Happy Tuesdsay!

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments! Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!